Mercury 55 Pack
Built for rough trails, big mileage and maximum comfort over the long haul, the Black Diamond Mercury 55 Backpack combines classic backpacking features with sleek, modern designs and unparalleled freedom of movement. Ideal for weekend trips from Olympic National Park to the Smoky Mountains, The Mercury 55 features our ergoACTIV XP suspension system that uses a custom, 3D pivoting hipbelt with urethane tendons, a men's-specific fit and SwingArmTM shoulder straps for increased stability and dynamic load transfer. The pack's front zippered panel gives you full access to the inside, while multiple pockets, dividers and straps help secure and organize your gear during extended trips.
- ergoACTIV XP suspension with OpenAir™ backpanel and SwingArm shoulder straps
- Top-loading with floating top pocket, plus front zippered access
- Waterproof taping on top and bottom
- Compartment divider, side and hipbelt pockets, front and internal organizer pockets
- Retractable trekking pole/ice axe loop, sleeping pad straps, hydration compatible
- Also available as women's-specific Onyx
[M] 55 L (3,356 cu in)
[L] 57 L (3,478 cu in)
[M] 2,100 g (4 lb 9 oz)
[L] 2,140 g (4 lb 11 oz)
WHY ACTIVE suspension?
Black Diamond packs built with our award-winning active suspension systems—ergoACTIV, ergoACTIV XP, reACTIV and reACTIV XP—are unparalleled in comfort, efficiency and load transfer. Because the shoulder straps and hipbelt move with you, friction and hot spots are eliminated. The pack’s load stays perfectly balanced at all times—without adjustment—and allows your body to move naturally in any direction. This results in a more efficient, comfortable, longer stride—meaning you can cover more ground, more quickly.