Carbon Aspect Ski
DescriptionBringing an ultralight carbon construction to our classically shaped touring ski, the Black Diamond Carbon Aspect ski is built for huge days, steep lines and highly technical mountain missions. The Carbon Aspect’s mid-fat, 90-mm waist and classic sidecut handle a variety of conditions while the Semi-Rocker tip stays afloat, both on the skin track and the ride down. Thanks to the pre-preg carbon construction and an ultralight engineered wood core, the Carbon Aspect is one of the lightest skis on the market for its surface area.
- Classic 90 mm waist with Semi-Rocker tip and traditional tail
- Flat Sandwich with pre-preg carbon construction and an ultralight engineered wood core
- Optimized construction makes it one of the lightest skis on the market for its surface area
- 5 mm beveled ABS sidewalls with Racing Edges
- SkinLock tail tabs
- Optimal use: 50% soft snow / 50% hard snow
Flat Sandwich Construction
Sidewall Damping System
To bring the dampness of a freeride ski to a lightweight backcountry construction, we employed a layer of rubber in the sidewalls of the ski, slightly behind the contact point. This innovative construction greatly reduces chatter in firmer conditions and allows us to forgo the use of metal in the layup, creating a ski that is extremely damp with drastic weight savings over traditional freeride constructions.