Black Diamond Equipment
GridLock Magnetron Carabiner
Our innovative belay biner featuring Magnetron Technology, which uses magnets in the gate and a steel insert in the nose for unprecedented security and ease of use. READ MORE
€33.00(VAT included, shipping costs excluded)
Item currently unavailable
Free Shipping On Orders Over 100 €
Warehouse closed till June 6th, 2019. Safe 10% on full price items and use the code WHMOVE2019 at the checkout. Click here for more info.
Our innovative belay biner featuring Magnetron Technology, which uses magnets in the gate and a steel insert in the nose for unprecedented security and ease of use. Learn More
DescriptionCombining maximum security and ease of use like never before, the Black Diamond Magnetron GridLock uses the power of magnets to reinvent the auto-locking carabiner. Magnetron Technology uses two magnetic arms in the gate and a steel insert in the carabiner's keylock nose to create an ultra-secure, self-clearing and redundant locking mechanism that can be easily used with either hand. Combine that with our innovative GridLock shape, which traps the belay loop to eliminate cross-loading, and the Magnetron GridLock is the ultimate belay carabiner.
- Hot-forged construction
- Innovative gate design uses two magnetic arms in the gate and a steel insert in the nose for super-secure, interference-free closure
- Keylock nose prevents snagging
- One-hand operable
- Unique shape isolates belay loop to eliminate cross-loading
- I-Beam spine transitions into a rounded, large rope-bearing surface
- Type H or HMS connector. For dynamic belaying using a Munter Hitch or belay device.
Weight : 78 g (3 oz)
Closed Gate Strength : 22 kN (4,946 lbf)
Open Gate Strength : 8 kN (1,798 lbf)
Minor Axis Strength : 7 kN (1,574 lbf)
Gate Opening : 21 mm (0.83 in)