Carlo Traversi is an American professional rock climber hailing from Santa Rosa, California. After cutting his teeth on the walls, cliffs, and boulders of the Sierra Nevada throughout high school, in 2006 he moved to Boulder, Colorado, where he focused almost purely on hard bouldering for several years. After establishing and repeating some of the hardest boulders in the world, he switched his focus back to his roots, pursuing difficult objectives in all disciplines of climbing. Carlo prides himself on being able to consistently perform in the upper echelon of competition, bouldering, sport, and trad climbing, and believes that “success or failure, there are no wasted days in the mountains.”
Along with his climbing exploits, Carlo is passionate about sharing his experiences through photography and filmmaking. Over the last 10 years he has produced four feature-length films and over 100 short films, and has provided photos to a large number of outdoor brands for advertising, editorial, and social marketing needs. In March 2018, Carlo opened his first climbing gym, the Boulder Field, in Sacramento, California. One of the largest bouldering gyms in the world, it was specifically designed to cultivate and grow a strong local climbing community as well as serve as a venue for professional level events.
- First person to complete a V14, 5.14, and 14k-foot peak in the same day, “Triple 14 Challenge”, Colorado
- First ascent of The Kingdom (V15/8C), Brione, Switzerland
- First ascent of Mask Off (5.14/8c/8c+), Fortress of Solitude, Colorado
- First ascent of The Penrose Step (V14), Leavenworth, Washington
- USA Climbing Sport National Champion - 2009 & 2011
- 2017/18 USA Climbing Bouldering National Cup Series - second place
- 2017 Tuckfest Deep Water Solo Competition, Charlotte, NC - first place
- 2016 USA Climbing Bouldering Nationals Championships - third place
Videos Ft. Carlo
Zookeeper 5.14a (Flash)
BD Athlete Carlo Traversi: L'Insoutenable Légèreté de l'Être 8B
Fontainebleau’s Khéops 8B
BD Athlete Carlo Traversi: Paddy 7C+
Carlo's Top Gear Picks
"The First Light Hoody is an absolute staple in my arsenal of clothing. It’s not bulky which means I can easily climb in it and it breathes really well."
First Light Hoody - Past Season
Ce produit n'est pas disponible.